These days everyone has smartphones and the 4G network is usually fast enough to handle the needs of even the most hardcore data users. However, with many cell phone companies putting an end to unlimited data it’s nice to be able to enjoy free WiFi when you’re out and about, or even use your computer in places like Boston Common. In an effort to make everyone’s lives easier, the City of Boston continues to expand its “Wicked Free WiFi” program. Click HERE to get more info. as well as a map of the various active WiFi hot spots.
With constant development happening all over Charlestown, Boston’s oldest neighborhood has a lot going on for an area that covers just over one-square mile. For food fanatics like ourselves, that means new restaurants like Legal Oysteria popping up all over the map. Excited as we are? Stay tuned for upcoming rentals in this cool area.
Are you planning a vacation or trip to Boston that goes beyond a few days or weeks? Check out our “Extended Stay Units (30+ Day)” tab on our home page. Starting today, guests can book longer term rentals with the click of a button! That being said, we’re always open to chat about the specifics if you have any questions.
In the seaside city of Boston good seafood has long been the staple of area cuisine. With more options than you can think of for enjoying the fresh daily catch, we at Short Term Rentals Boston have put our heads together to narrow the field down to some of our favorites.
- Island Creek Oyster Bar – 500 Commonwealth Ave. Boston, MA – Originating in Duxbury, MA and brought into the city, this seafood destination has a great selection of locally sourced fare in a swanky, modern setting. In addition to an excellent cocktail list and oyster sliders, those who want to take the festivities home can also order catered goodies like the “raw bar-in-a-box” for the perfect 4th of July celebration. – $$$
- B & G Oysters - 550 Tremont St. Boston, MA – At B & G Oyster, servers are ready to describe the origin, flavor profile, and farming method of oysters, to the extent that one would when describing a fine wine. Diners here can enjoy a modern twist on the classic oyster bar. – $$$
- Neptune Oyster Bar - 63 Salem St. Boston, MA – A tiny spot in the North End with some of the best seafood in the area, and the reviews to back it up. This casual local eatery could not be more publicized and is constantly showing up on Boston’s Best lists. Although there may be a line out the door almost every day of the week, it’s with good reason, and definitely worth the wait. - $$$$
- The Barking Crab - 88 Sleeper St. Boston, MA – An open-air crab shack located in the bustling Seaport District and dress is super-casual. In terms of the menu, the clam “stuffies” are absolutely decadent, and for those with big stomachs, try your hand at a 10 lb lobster. – $$
- Row 34 - 383 Congress St. Boston, MA – This industrial-style space in the Fort Point area is a great place to enjoy fresh seafood and some unique menu items. Dubbed “the workingman’s oyster bar,” the best part about Row 34 is that it’s also a craft beer haven, with enough choices to satisfy the palate of any beer connoisseur. – $$$
- Legal Seafoods Harborside - 270 Northern Ave. Boston, MA – The Legal Seafoods chain is synonymous with Boston, and this 20,000 square foot flagship location in Boston’s Seaport doesn’t disappoint. With three floors and a super comfortable rooftop bar, diners have the choice of being in the sun or cooling down inside. Regardless of location, the oyster selection here is seemingly endless and of top quality. The rest of the menu features tons of other fresh seafood and the famous Legal clam chowda (although it might be too hot for that with the weather we’ve been having lately). – $$
Some options for those willing to travel for their fix…perfect after a long day at the beach
- Woodman’s of Essex - 121 Main St. Essex, MA – If you’re looking for a place with great food that is steeped in history, look no further than this roadside seafood shack on the North Shore. Woodman’s is nothing short of a fried seafood mecca, and is arguably the most famous seafood eatery in all of Massachusetts. With quick service, pick-your-own lobsters, and a stuff your face picnic style atmosphere, what’s not to love? Definitely worth the drive! – $$$
- Essex Seafood – 143 Eastern Ave. Essex, MA – At Essex Seafood the name of the game is HUGE portions of mouth-watering goodness. Thick cut fries and heaping portions of the freshest fish and shellfish make it a must-go. If you’re tired after a day at any of the nearby beaches, you also have the option to visit their fish market and take the day’s catch with you to prepare at home. – $$$
The 4th of July is coming up fast, and staying with Short Term Rentals Boston ensures that some of the best spots to witness the all of the action are at your doorstep. With locations in Boston’s Back Bay and Beacon Hill areas, you’ll be able to hear Keith Lockhart and the Beach Boys from your window, or even witness fireworks from one of our roof-top decks. More interested in history? Check out the Freedom Trail. For more info. on the city’s 4th of July celebration click here.
Being the hip, up-and-coming area that it is, the South End of Boston has continued to produce new and exciting places to dine. With the gorgeous Summer weather finally here, city goers in the South End can enjoy top-rated options such as dining al fresco at Hamersley’s Bistro, or tapas at Toro. Regardless of your taste, Short Term Rentals Boston puts you in the thick of the action!
The city of Boston has a lot to offer in the way of entertainment, but as the Summer starts to heat up the beach is often the best way to cool down. Whether you’re here for a few days or a couple of months, some of the Northeast’s most pristine beaches are closer than you may think. What’s more, state transportation officials have reinstated the CapeFlyer train service for a second season, making accessing the Cape and the Islands both quick and affordable (only $40 round-trip). The best part is, children and seniors ride for free!
Unlike hotels where you might feel like a guest at all times, you do have the opportunity to live in the comfort of your own temporary, furnished home, with a private kitchen, bath, and rooms to relax in while you are visiting Boston. Also, short term rentals save money. Flexible, furnished units are much more cost-effective than hotels and allow you to spend less on laundry service, dining out, and other things that don’t come included with accommodations like a hotel, motel or Holiday Inn (say what?). Fully equipped kitchens are a standard amenity included in all of our listings. This has great appeal when you factor in specific dietary requirements or a family with small children in temporary accommodation looking for a more permanent abode.
Short term apartments give you more space and privacy, as well as providing a “home away from home” feel that allow for a more intimate, local experience. Particularly for those working away from the office for extended durations, the addition of a private kitchen and living room is a significant benefit, offering room to both relax and work as required. Renting a two or three-bedroom apartment provides more space for a group or family than a hotel room, giving more freedom to those sharing the space. In addition, if family or friends visit, there are sofa beds to accommodate them at no extra charge – a service for which hotel guests find themselves incurring additional charges.
Between the money savings and the unique amenities that you will find, short term apartment rentals have it all. Whether you are visiting for a few weeks, or months at a time, you can find plenty of accommodations to suit your needs and give you the space that you are searching for. There is nothing more enjoyable than having the space to spread out and relax. Having the ability to live like you’re at home when you’re miles away makes everything easier.
Are you a Boston Red Sox fan no longer living in the city, but looking for the perfect place to stay near historic Fenway Park and downtown Boston? Whether you’re in town for a game or planning a longer stay, Short Term Rentals Boston has the furnished rental solution that not only affords accessibility during your sports vacation, but also the privacy and peace-of-mind of avoiding a cramped hotel. With tons of space and amenities, luxury furnished rentals give you the freedom to entertain guests in style and enjoy some pre-game snacks in some of Boston’s most popular areas.
We, at STRB, are deeply saddened by the events that unfolded at the 9 alarm fire on Beacon Street.
Sadly, the tragic loss of two Boston firemen who perished while fighting the fire across is just one of the 74,200 emergency calls to which the BFD will respond this year. We are immeasurably grateful to those duty-bound men who won’t be returning to their streets so that we can live safely on ours. It is an immense sacrifice that is risked for us all every day. We are all lucky for all of those who keep all of our streets safe.
The Boston Fire Fighters Burn Foundation is great way to get involved and help families in need.